Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Blacksmith
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
posted 12-03-07 05:09 PM CT (US)   

This thread is about the Blacksmith. For review requests please visit here. Please post your suggestions, helpful comments, topic proposals etc. here. Alternatively, you can send a mail to Mashek@heavengames.com regarding relevant issues to the Blacksmith. I will update this thread regularly with new topics, information and progress.

Blacksmith News

20 to 25 download recommendations of the last twelve months
Please post your suggestions

8/21 Follow the tale of two unlikely heroes in the spin-off scenario from Gwyndlegard the Epic Adventures of Marvin and Rob by Lord Basse
6/26 Gwyndlegard lies broken under the heavy tread of Queen Xaphira's troops, and a sergeant's single act of compassion one evening will spark rebellion throughout the rabble of provinces. Play the epic scenario with over five hours entertainment in Gwyndlegard by Lord Basse
5/18 Discover new realities after ten years of Age of Kings in Invisible Object by truedew12
5/15 See-saw backwards and forth across the old Somme battle-plain with riflemen, machine gun squads and tanks after the Spring Offensive grounds to a halt in Der Graben by andymok
3/11 Time reveals the crumbling tops of a once great kingdom, and a wandering traveller seeks answers in the hauntingly poignant cinematic The Spirit of Alessia Prologue by Sebastien
2/22 War threatens the borders of Ravenia, the king is dead and a son vies for revenge in the engaging cinematic The Successor – Preview by panel
1/14 The results are finally up for the Mini-game Contest 2009, and 16 entries, exploring a plethora of themes, awaits you
12/15 A count's dark past is brought to present as an old enemy invades his homeland in Blood of the Bear by Mashek
12/13 Explore the labyrinthine city of London and survive the zombie horror in the latest update Silent Evil: Winter Edition, a collaborative effort by Popeychops and Tanks_fst
11/15 Retake South-Western Africa from the Portuguese with Ana de Sousa Nzinga Mbande in African Lamentation by Rat del desierto and submission to the Historical Scenario Contest
11/09 Follow the ronin Tsubasa in an epic role playing game in the already five-star-rated scenario Tsubasa's Tale by Night Conqueror
11/02 Over 500 new units in the EEE Mod by Tanks_fst
11/01 Test yourself in the Latean Project by Turty, where an alternative reality, numerous trials and unique game play will really entertain you
10/29 Caught between two invading armies, defend your small town in this fun and intense game, Caught in the Crossfire by Lord Basse
10/08 (updated 11/09) Four friends band together to save Utara from the relentless onslaught waged by Qlifrak in Jengar's Quest by Jecon
10/07 Play your favourite scenarios in black and white or sepia in the innovative mod by Jatayu. Scenarios set in the past or in a noir-style atmosphere have taken on a whole new look
10/03 Epic, challenging and well-designed, defeat the invaders from Crevatska in A Call to Arms by Julius999
09/07 Dark Clouds Above England gather, and England is once more divided by war, in Julius999's submission for the Historical Scenario Contest

Posting Reviews

There is a system at the Blacksmith that automatically hides reviews when posted, to avoid unnecessary discussions about them before they're even approved by a staff member. It is important to be patient here; a Blacksmith staff member will be onto the review as soon as he or she is on. The Blacksmith is moderated daily by Mashek and TheLaughingMule, at the start and end of any day—so you can expect your review to appear fairly quickly, unless of course there is a problem with it, in which case a mail will then be sent to your email asking for an edit. Reviews generally take 24 – 48 hours to appear.

Automatic E-Mail Notification for Blacksmith Submissions

Our services include an automatic e-mail notification for comments and reviews posted for your submission. If you wish to receive e-mail notification for comments and reviews, you should update your forum profile to turn download notifications on. To do this, click the 'my account' link (found above on the top left hand corner of the page), login with your password, then select the "Yes, I wish to receive notifications from the downloads system" option underneath your e-mail address and save the changes.

Mandatory Valid E-Mail Address

Even if you chose to hide your e-mail address from the public, you need a valid email address for staff members to contact you. If you are contacted by a staff member regarding your submission/comment or review, you will see [Blacksmith Moderation Mail] in the header. If you receive one of these mails, please reply to the sender as soon as possible. The general rule is that if there is no reply in 2-3 weeks the submission/comment or review will be removed. Please keep your email address up-to-date, and be sure to check it every now and then.

Missing Sound Files

You can submit files to the Blacksmith up to 48 Megabytes. This was not always permissible due to limitations with the server, and over the decade however many designers linked their sound files from external links to their submission at the Blacksmith. Unfortunately, as days come and go and years pass by, many of these links have become broken, and we need your help to restore these submissions. Below, we've written a list of all the known files with missing sound files. If you find while reading the list that you have some of these files from a past download please post here and send them to Mashek@heavengames.com. Likewise, if you find a submission with a broken link, please let us know so that we can list the file here and hopefully find a solution to bring the file back up to date.

Revised Demo of The Legends of Mazer by Night Conqueror
Missing custom sounds which were by E-mail request at Gioc007@msn.com

The Tale of Minothar Preview, by AoK Dragon Team
Missing three sound packs, which were here,
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds1.zip
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds2.zip
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds3.zip

Gunnar from Hlidarende - chapter 1, by Gurto
Missing two music files, which were here:
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/gurto/Gunnar-_music.zip

The Norman Conquest of England, by Cherub Loco/SCN Punk
Missing the Custom Soundtrack which was here,
http://www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Norman_Music.zip

Titulus Invadere, by SCN Punk Team
Missing Music Pack of 13,2MB which was here,
http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/aokpunk/?projects/invasion/download.shtml

Winterland, by Enrique Orduno and King400
Missing Sounds which were here,
www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Winterland_sounds.zip

The Four Relics of Fire - Remade, by Zanzard Lothar
Missing three choices of music, which were at the author's website.

Running Man, by SCN Punk
Missing Sound Pack of 5MB which was here,
http://www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Running_Man_sounds.zip

Where we have Arrived, by Angel Shadows
Missing sounds, which were here,
www.scnpunk.com/eepunk/EXT/Sounds.zip

Blacksun Series by The Kestrel
Missing sounds and music of 5.7MB were here:
http://silasb.tripod.com/BlacksunMusics.zip
I found all sounds on an old computer, I update soon.

Heroes of the Three Kingdoms, by Tsunami Studios
Missing the custom made Mod Pack, which was here,
http://scnpunk.com/tsunamistudios/H3K_mod.zip

Files Restored

05/31/09 Final Fantasy VIII - Introduction by IVIeTaMoRpHoSiS, thanks to sissi and Andanu Trisatya the submission includes the music file.
08/11/08 Heroes of the Three Kingdoms, by Tsunami Studios, thanks to AnastasiaKafka and Tonto_Simfish the submission includes the 10 music files still missing the custom Mod Pack.
08/10/08 Wrath of The Dark Lord (Bug Fix v1), by Dark_Warrior_1_, thanks to cat, the submission includes the three music files.
06/16/08 Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, by StG_Phoenix, the download includes the sounds now.
06/15/08 Moses, Liberator of the Hebrews, by Lighthouse Creations, the link to the 4MB music pack works again.
04/02/08 Attack at Dawn by crasher, I updated with the 21 sound files that were missing.
11/29/06 Bouren v1.5 by Tonto_DaVe, I updated with the 73 sound files that were missing.

[This message has been edited by Mashek (edited 09-13-2010 @ 12:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-03-07 06:08 PM CT (US)     1 / 552  
Hey Tanneur, what happened to my Resident Evil thing? It says it is under review.

_______
|Warlord|
Owner of post 12345 in the New Splash Splash
Member of Blackforest Studios
posted 12-03-07 06:28 PM CT (US)     2 / 552  
I am amazed by the fact that there is a thread regarding Blacksmith problems in the Town's Crier and another (created by me) in "Website Comments and Announcements". Still, both were left unnoticed and unanswered by AOKH crew.

Way to go!
posted 12-03-07 08:45 PM CT (US)     3 / 552  
warlord002, we had an extensive comment exchange under your description before I hid your file. I have other issues to attend before yours. If you want to speed up things and know why I hid your file send an email to tanneur99@heavengames.com with copy to crystalcrown@heavengames.com.

Cesar Bernardi, I answered in Town’s Crier here and in your thread in Website Comments and Announcements here. I would appreciate email next time; unfortunately, you specifically refused email contact with me in your topic text.
posted 12-04-07 02:07 AM CT (US)     4 / 552  
10/23 A procession of mourning women and an end sending shivers down your spine in Shadows After Sunset - Ominous Silence by Julius999
I see the ending gave you shivers too, Tanneur?

Anyway, excellent post. Good to see something of this up. Have to hope, though that this thread doesn't sink anytime soon.
posted 12-04-07 01:32 PM CT (US)     5 / 552  
You can post your suggestions, information, helpful comments, topic proposals etc.
Cool.

I always thought there should be some kind of end of year awards for blacksmith submissions. I believe Basse tried it once and it sort of flamed out, but I think it could work. I am not sure if it is something Mashek or Tanneur or BNC would handle, or if just one of us forummers should take initiative to do.

Either way, it works well for FoTY in TC, and it would be nice to be able to see some people get recognition for their hard work. Several awards for various categories would mean a lot of different submissions could be noticed.

Anyway, it is getting close to the end of the year, so if there is interest you folks (forummers and/or mods) should help me make this work

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 12-04-07 01:36 PM CT (US)     6 / 552  
I sent an idea to mashek about a "Hall of fame" kinda thing commemerating the truly great scen designers that have ever graced AOKH...but mashek still hasn't replied.
posted 12-04-07 01:53 PM CT (US)     7 / 552  
I don't like that idea. I am talking about recognizing the submissions, not glorifying designers, which has little point.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 12-04-07 01:55 PM CT (US)     8 / 552  
Not gloryfying as such, just giving them recognition for there works.
posted 12-04-07 02:49 PM CT (US)     9 / 552  
I think new items should be added to the top of the list, not to the bottom of it.. Maybe it's one of those weird american things like writing dates in weird orders.

...Snail...
posted 12-04-07 03:18 PM CT (US)     10 / 552  
Anyway, excellent post. Good to see something of this up. Have to hope, though that this thread doesn't sink anytime soon.
Quite frankly (no offense Tanneur), I think this is likely to sink. Despite the usefulness of a thread such as this one, it has little potential for posts, thus it's likely to not be bumped, and as a consequence, to sink.
posted 12-04-07 03:23 PM CT (US)     11 / 552  
Quite frankly (no offense Tanneur), I think this is likely to sink. Despite the usefulness of a thread such as this one, it has little potential for posts, thus it's likely to not be bumped, and as a consequence, to sink.
Unless it is stickied.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 12-04-07 03:40 PM CT (US)     12 / 552  
Does it deserve a sticking? Don't we have enough stickies already?
posted 12-04-07 09:40 PM CT (US)     13 / 552  
@Epic Commander

Hey, I received your email. I'll reply tonight. Haven't had much time lately sorry.

@Matty

I was thinking about that just the other night. It is a fantastic idea and I think someone here should do it instead of me. People receiving awards or even the prospect of getting one is enough to make even the n00bish of designers pick up their act and design better.

I'd design more myself just to get an award.

[This message has been edited by Mash Banana (edited 12-04-2007 @ 09:42 PM).]

posted 12-04-07 09:57 PM CT (US)     14 / 552  
I'd design more myself just to get an award.
Glory hungry a little, no?

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 12-04-07 10:06 PM CT (US)     15 / 552  
Glory hungry a little, no?
And he's an acclaimed designer already... I've been battling for 4 years to get my name known and still wasn't able to release a single project (due to several reasons, ranging from lack of commitment from my playtesters to HD loss to lack of inspiration...). So you can only guess what an award such as this would do to me.

Aside from making me fail every single subject in College for spending too much time designing.
posted 12-05-07 02:08 AM CT (US)     16 / 552  
Hey, I received your email. I'll reply tonight. Haven't had much time lately sorry.
Don't worry about it, we all have our reasons

[insert innuendo here]
posted 12-05-07 04:26 AM CT (US)     17 / 552  
It's always good to get an award but I don't really care. I just said that to motivate someone to actually get off their arse and get an awards thing up.

Cesar, I find inspiration by reading reviews and playing others games. Even if I'm sometimes sick to death of AOK, it always helps. And really I can't understand why I am acclaimed. I really haven't done anything.
posted 12-05-07 08:46 AM CT (US)     18 / 552  
Made the news a second time!

Also, many thanks for the review Mashek. It was great!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-05-07 12:03 PM CT (US)     19 / 552  
well, good to see some people have interest in my idea. I suppose I could do it, but it would be after the 17th.

posted 12-05-07 12:06 PM CT (US)     20 / 552  
If you need any help my MSN is in my profile
posted 12-05-07 01:28 PM CT (US)     21 / 552  
A good idea.

I was thinking about starting something like 'scenario of the week' or something but I dropped it.

What happened to Blacksmith feature btw?

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 12-05-07 01:30 PM CT (US)     22 / 552  
I think JackalRat is busy atm cause I havn't seen him around in a while.
posted 12-06-07 10:04 AM CT (US)     23 / 552  
JackalRat is busy with life at the moment.

Also, matty, please do go ahead with it. If you would like, you can discuss it with me via email if you need help with ideas etc.
posted 12-06-07 11:21 AM CT (US)     24 / 552  
I probably will send you a quick email some time between now and the 17th.

If someone else wants some input they can always drop me one. (email in profile)

posted 12-06-07 11:22 AM CT (US)     25 / 552  
If you need any help i'm happy to help.
posted 12-06-07 11:28 AM CT (US)     26 / 552  
like I said then, send me an email.

posted 12-16-07 11:05 PM CT (US)     27 / 552  
Thread slipping...

It should be stickied or managed by someone else.

Tanneur99 is too busy or too lazy to keep this up and he updates threads after months.

Chrombasia should be on this one.

`
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 12-17-07 07:16 AM CT (US)     28 / 552  
It should be stickied
Not sure. Despite the usefulness of this thread, there really isn't much post potential (I mean, what would people discuss here?). And to keep it simply as a list of recent updates, there's no need to keep this one in the forum.
In fact there is such list already, in the Blacksmith.
managed by someone else
Unless you have mod powers over the forums, I don't think it's possible.
posted 12-17-07 02:11 PM CT (US)     29 / 552  
Tanneur did you get my e-mail?

_______
|Warlord|
posted 12-20-07 11:28 PM CT (US)     30 / 552  
I answered and attached your scenario. Let me know if you received it.

[This message has been edited by Tanneur99 (edited 12-21-2007 @ 03:28 AM).]

posted 12-21-07 01:01 PM CT (US)     31 / 552  
Yes I recieved it. I see that I did upload the wrong version. I will check the version I have in my zip folder that I uploaded.

_______
|Warlord|
posted 12-25-07 10:03 AM CT (US)     32 / 552  
I wish a Merry Christmas to all. To get the seasonal feeling, download now A Christmas Story - Director's Cut from Lord Basse updated with a fourth Christmas story.

Does no one know the author of the aggressive AI? I marked the request red in the Topic.

Warlord002, what are you waiting for? You received the link to update your submission with the correct version.
posted 12-25-07 04:30 PM CT (US)     33 / 552  
Thanks for the spotlight Tanneur

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-26-07 03:31 AM CT (US)     34 / 552  
Is anyone doing the 'best of 2007' thing suggested by matty?

`
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 12-26-07 06:45 AM CT (US)     35 / 552  
I've made some remakes of my old try, making up the voting system and trying to post it at a good time, and unless matty or anyone else has a better - and more in-detail planned - idea, I'll go ahead and post it, if that's okay.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Blacksmith
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames