You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 102  Next Page »
posted 06 May 2009 08:29 PM EDT (US)   
So you have a question? You can post it here!

Please read the FAQ in this post before posting. Thank you!

These are the people whose question thread's died a happy death (reached the 2500th post). King Jared, ArticWind7, Paperfriend, Yeebaagooon and Hot Sax, and so now we need a new thread. This thread should have many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them. Except for questions about coding triggers, all of those questions can be answered here, in Mythic_Freak's thread.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous six threads?
Hot Sax's Thread
Yeebaagooon's Other Thread
Yeebaagooon's Thread
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics / zoom the camera out?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling? Greyshark has produced a very useful guide
But Yeebaagoon has found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9. Arrgghhh! Army deploy doesn't work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.
10, Where can I find (trigger name here)?
Most trigger packs, and all of nottuds Transform triggers, can be found in Mythic_Freak's thread, and here's Nottud's Superpack(SuperPack contains transform trigger)
11. How can I rotate buildings in-game?
Download this and use your mouse scroll to rotate them.
12. How do I install the files onto my game from this website?
When you unzip the file, cahnge the directory to... C:/Program Files/ Microsoft Game/ Age of Mythology/ Scenarios.
13. Why can't I change the Son Of Osiris' attack?
You can't change the Son of Osiris' attack because it is counted as a special attack, and thus it is unchangeable.
14. Is there a way to change Mother Nature's (Player 0's) god?
Use this.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Now ask away!

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
-Forums-

[This message has been edited by Azur (edited 09-09-2009 @ 05:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06 May 2009 08:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2547  
off topic: First post!

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 06 May 2009 10:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2547  
Okay, back to seriousness, no funny buisness, gotcha?

I have a map I called 'Desperate Clash'. I have tried a half dozen times to get the thing uploaded, and I have it on my desktop (where the last two were put.) so that it is easier to find when I press the 'browse' button. The kicker is that every time I select the file, poke the 'open' button, I get a strange ass file name coming out of temporary internet files. After that it will not upload. I have sent two maps before, without a hitch, but this one won't go! The thing isn't huge, or anything, it's only 228kb unnzipped!

I am about to try to load the file from the scenario folder directly.

But, any ideas?

Hilfe!

HOLY BAZOOKAS AND BOOGEY MEN!!! IT WORKED!!!
Okay, now I sound like a foo, ask a question and then get the answer myself... maybe this will be an example for others to learn from.

What is APP DATA? *confused*

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 05-06-2009 @ 10:40 PM).]

posted 07 May 2009 07:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 2547  
As I asked i n the previous thread...

Is it possible to give the "Forest Fire" texture to a unit and keep it alive?

[This message has been edited by Titanic Kraken (edited 05-07-2009 @ 07:11 AM).]

posted 07 May 2009 08:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 2547  
It's always a great sight to see the idiotic spamming that goes on at the end of Question threads.

@ Titanic Kraken

I would assume that it is not since I believe getting units the stone texture kills them (Medusa/Perseus' one kill move), forest fire kills the tree, no?

I could be wrong. But anyways, if it doesn't keep them alive you could always try giving more HP to the trees that you transform to than the Forest Fire GP damages.
posted 07 May 2009 10:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 2547  
*Disapproves of previous spam*

The 7th is fully open for my hat trick now .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 07 May 2009 10:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 2547  
How do you make effects stick to a unit?
For example, Healing SFX follows a unit around to suggest its importance. I need to know for my scenario or it wont look as good. But if its modding that is required please say so.

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...

[This message has been edited by healyworks (edited 05-07-2009 @ 10:43 AM).]

posted 07 May 2009 10:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 2547  
@ Yeebaagooon

I recall you spamming your own Question thread in order to make the next one.

@ healyworks

This was asked not too long ago on the last question thread.. Cast spy eye on it and transform it - or if it's something that disappears quickly Unit Create at Unit or something similar would work.
posted 07 May 2009 10:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 2547  
@Healy: you can do this with a teleport unit command running on loop. The only problem is that it won't work if you are running in multiplyer/online mode. I have done extensive work with the teleport command and have found that some units cannot be teleported, but most can, including the healing SFX...

Congratulations, Azur, on hosting the next quesiton thread

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 05-07-2009 @ 10:52 AM).]

posted 07 May 2009 02:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 2547  
Ok. Well. I have a question. I have downloaded the scroll to rotate buildings tool. Unfortunetaly, I can't seem to get it to work. Can somebody help?
posted 07 May 2009 02:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 2547  
Just download Nottud's Editor Superpack, that thing has everything
posted 07 May 2009 03:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 2547  
hey
just wondering, for my map, how do i create a spotlight with an image
thanks!
posted 07 May 2009 04:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2547  
Right, I was wondering about the spotlight thing too, and also: How do you get to load "The Fall of the Trident" scenarios into the editor? I want to use it for learning. Thanks..
posted 07 May 2009 05:51 PM EDT (US)     13 / 2547  
To get the picture in the spotlight you have to add some objectives via triggers, and then open up the objectives editor, find the bit that says Spotlight, and then find the bit that says Portrait.

In this spot you have to type the name of the prortait you want, for example the picture of a bolt would be icons/god power bolt icon 64

To load the fall of the trident scenarios you have to extract your scenarios.bar using AoMEd

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
-Forums-
posted 07 May 2009 06:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2547  
yeebaa can u like ban this HURRA12 person from aom for a week or something he hosted a major rigged game...

arcus with 100 atack... 300000 hp... 100 armor... and each arcus has like 50 projectiles..... LIKE WTF

[This message has been edited by VeX_Sino (edited 05-07-2009 @ 07:02 PM).]

posted 07 May 2009 07:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2547  
That's not scenario design, this isn't a "I want to ban X because of irrational reason Y"-thread.
posted 07 May 2009 07:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2547  
am srry... just dont know where to say that... ive only been apart of aomh for like 2 mounths... i bearly know my way around the scenario desine thread.... but i still want to see some punishment... lol

-yeebaa can u plz check this out and find out y its not working... i cant go on aom at all till it i figure out a way to make it work...

plz help me...

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=6940&f=&st=10&ci=

[This message has been edited by VeX_Sino (edited 05-07-2009 @ 07:44 PM).]

posted 07 May 2009 08:12 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2547  
Just because he hosted a rigged map is not a reason to get him in trouble. Noobs are noobs, just learn to live with it...

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
-Forums-
posted 07 May 2009 08:22 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2547  
Besides, Vex, he might not have an AoMH account. And I highly doubt AoMH moderators can ban people from ESO.

posted 07 May 2009 08:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2547  
man.... that sucks...

noobs should be banned.... lol
posted 07 May 2009 08:28 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2547  
AoMH has no power over ESO, ESO is now run by microsoft i think and i've never even heard of a moderator being on ESO so i don't think they could be banned either way

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 08 May 2009 11:05 AM EDT (US)     21 / 2547  
yeebaa can u like ban this HURRA12 person from aom for a week or something he hosted a major rigged game...
I wish...

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 08 May 2009 12:12 PM EDT (US)     22 / 2547  
Everyone should have hacked that game so the host lost anyway.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 08 May 2009 01:29 PM EDT (US)     23 / 2547  
I tried giving infinitive health they died anyway...

I succeded in making the unit make a normal stance and not decay after dieing.But it still wasn't alive.

Then I killed Arkantos that way,but he didn't "wake up".

Only G.T.M.N(Grand Trigger Master Nottud) has a chance of making this work...he discovered it anyway...
posted 08 May 2009 02:02 PM EDT (US)     24 / 2547  
Hurra12 was hosting it when i was on a few momments ago xD

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 08 May 2009 02:59 PM EDT (US)     25 / 2547  
I think my question has been mistunderstood. I downloaded the tool to rotate buildings while I'm playing. Not when I'm actually scenerio designing. I can't get it to work and I really want to choose the direction of my building before I build it. Can anyone help please?

Here comes Atero, the loser!
WHOOPS!
Did I just admit that I'm a loser?
Sorry, people! =P
~Atero~
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 102  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames