Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 21  Next Page »
posted 14 July 2009 01:04 PM EDT (US)   
DragonBlood11 presents....
In cooperation with Yeebaagooon and AoMH...
25 People who Changed AoM: A Tribute to the 25 Most Influential AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and Moderators.

With the recent nostalgia rush between the impending release of Ripto, Auron's brief visit, and a few other things I thought now would be the time to do this. I have created a list of 25 past and present AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and AoMH Moderators, who changed AoM as we know it. These members come from all different backgrounds and all corners of the globe but one thing they all had in common were they all loved designing and without them the design community would not be the same. Throughout the next 25 days I will be counting down my list of the 25 most influential people in AoM design history. This will also give newer members a chance to learn the names of the person who created those triggers or that utility program that they couldn't design without. So starting July 15, 2009 until August 9, 2009 I will (attempt) to reveal a new name every day followed by a short bio and a little information. Enjoy

NOTE: Newer members do not expect to be on this list. The newest person on this list(as in the one with the most recent join date) is from 2006.

Number One

Name:nottud
Achievements: So many achievements that were thought of as impossible
Bio: nottud joined AoMH in 2005. His first maps included the Pit of Doom, Avenger Race, and many more. nottud soon gained a reputation for finding weird glitches in the editor that designers could use to their advantage. In addition he also began to create RM scripts as well as scenarios. His RM debut was called islands and was basically a map with islands. While nottud had a number of decent scenarios and RMS including Escape 4 Worlds, Ancient Evil RPG, and Magic Floor, his name became big when he released Nottud's complete guide, map, template, etc super pack. It recieved a three 5 star ratings and included random maps, templates, the Complete Age of Mythology Sound List, and much more. Soon afterwards he made it possible to rotate buildings in game, and triggers allowing you to select players 11 and 12. His reputatiom soon began to grow as a skilled scenario design, RM scripter, and trigger creator. He created the Checked terrain type! which did work online and I used in my scenario Color Escape. He then compiled his triggers and editor mods with reyk's and others to create Nottud's Editor Superpack and Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack. He has created some widely popular triggers including the Transform trigger, conditional effects, shop triggers, and the Search triggers. He also created the stretch unit templates for eyecandiers. Nottud is also known for making scenarios in random map format such as Mythodea, the highly popular Battle of the Shapeshifters, and Chaos in World RPG, all done through RMS. In nearly 4 years nottud's reputation changed from that of an average scenario designer, to a legend and a master of all trades. His various skills and talents changed Age of Mythology and his editor mods took scenario design to a whole other level. It is nottud's jack of all trades style, his epic triggers and random maps, and finally his fun and innovative scenarios that make nottud one of the most influential designers of all time. Without nottud I wouldn't be here right now also so an ode to the boy with a mad imagination.
Creation(s): Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack, Mythodea RMS, Battle of the Shapeshifters, for more by nottud click here!

Previous Entires:
Paperfriend
pepsidude_123 aka Alex
PrplPplEater
Yeebaagooon
King Jared
Reinfire
Xamolxis
Socvazius
FC_Nidhogg
gaurdian_112
pftq
m0nTy_PyTh0n
Istari
Auron
Jakwarrior
invent00r
Archaeopterix
Stephen Caines
CheeZy
Matei
The_Vandhaal
reyk
Ykkrosh
Oscar

That concludes the list. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. Special thanks to SwordofValor and Yeebaagooon, this list would not have been possible without you guys.
The following people are honorable mentions. They did not make the list either because they did not have as big of an impact or I simply forgot about them when making the list, and couldn't fit them on.
Honorable Mentions:
Shiva
I Love Bananas
jml
SwordofValor
angryzor
Sziggi
Shrink
Papaya
Hessu
Baron Lopi
TwentyOneScore
AOMPlayer000
Mythic_Freak
oddy (this is the one that NOBODY mentioned that I referred to earlier)
Elrich
CaveTown
RiderofEternity
King of Cheese
waveslave610

Thank you everyone! Now time for a vacation! I shall return next Saturday!

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 08-23-2009 @ 09:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 14 August 2009 09:16 PM EDT (US)     401 / 516  
Alex is a bad boy.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 14 August 2009 10:25 PM EDT (US)     402 / 516  
I never tried out any of his mods, but I did play his The Ring of Nibelungen campaign, and of course watched the Corrupter (and m0nty did a awesome job with the music btw), and I have to say, he's probably the only designer out there capable of creating undersea and outer-space environment's and being just epic at it. EPIC. Alongside Oscar, he is probably the most skilled designer out there.

And Alex is a very bad boy.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003
posted 14 August 2009 10:49 PM EDT (US)     403 / 516  
outer-space environment's
Not to undermine The Vandhaal, but you should check out JML's cinematic "The Vandhaal vs. King Jared," which has a very well done scene in space.

posted 15 August 2009 04:29 AM EDT (US)     404 / 516  
V's greatest project is Hades nudes and archers. We all know this.
Shut up! No it's not. It's The Corruptor!!!!!

I waited so long for The Corruptor and it was so worth it! By far it was the greatest thing he ever worked on.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 15 August 2009 08:09 AM EDT (US)     405 / 516  
His next creation was an AoM music video for the song 'Brass Monkey' by the BG's.
Dude, it's a song from the Beastie Boys... Real oldschool hiphop yo! Word up!
I waited so long for The Corruptor and it was so worth it! By far it was the greatest thing he ever worked on.
I disagree, while The Corruptor is certainly a benchmark and a great leap for cinematics, in general it was still a dissappointment. It was hyped to death (by you), and everyone probably expected the best thing in the entire history of AoM. It's long development cycle is to blame here: The Corruptor was allready finished in 2006 if I'm correct, but the music and voice-acting took another ~2,5 years. This long cycle caused the graphics to be outdated, especially if you compare them to newer maps like "Heroes" by Oscar or the Tower of Babylon.
Also the story was very basic and I consider the Rhinegold better in that aspect, because it had more time to develop it's main character (Albericht). In The Corruptor though, the story was riddled with a huge cast of characters and Gods and there was no real time to development them except some cliché scenes between this marathon of battles.
The battles were the best part of this movie, and were quite well done and most certainly worth a watch. But the ending cinematic in The Lost Legion is still leagues ahead of this. The Corruptor was expected to be the best, and it wasn't, therefor it fails to be The Vandhaals best work. Which I think is either The Rhinegold or The Tower of Babylon (haven't played Spartans so I can't judge that one)

Honourary Mention in the 2006 Pretty Town Contest
A Unique Age of Mythology Experience:
A Trip to Talos
It's f*cking awesome

[This message has been edited by Urgwaine (edited 08-15-2009 @ 08:10 AM).]

posted 15 August 2009 08:47 AM EDT (US)     406 / 516  
Dude, it's a song from the Beastie Boys... Real oldschool hiphop yo! Word up!
Lol whoops I'll edit that when I get on my computer.

Also, for his best work I would have to say The Corrupter. Because I remember the original announcement pretty well, however I disappeared while it was being hyped up and returned when it was finally released. So I missed the hype all together.

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 08-15-2009 @ 08:52 AM).]

posted 15 August 2009 09:43 AM EDT (US)     407 / 516  
The Vandhaal was the first one that inspired me. I had played AOM as a wargame up to that point (yes, it is a wargame). I was looking for maps to download and play with friends at work (biz was slow). I came across Wonders of the deep. I had never seen a game made into such incredible cinematics before. There were camera tracks and actors and lightings and special effects. I was amazed at what could be done. I was hooked.

To me the most effective thing about The Vandhaal is when the rest of us look at our work and have brought it up to that quality level where you know you're done, The Vandhaal is just beginning...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 15 August 2009 09:48 AM EDT (US)     408 / 516  
I wonder who number one is ^^. Also Vandhaals work has inspired me to try and actually attempt editing.

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 15 August 2009 12:00 PM EDT (US)     409 / 516  
Oscar of course.

posted 15 August 2009 02:46 PM EDT (US)     410 / 516  
To be honest I don't think one can compare the Corruptor to Heroes or The Lost Legion or likewise, at least when it comes to map design. The Lost Legion is a singleplayer RPG, Heroes is likewise a multiplayer map. The Corruptor is a full length movie. Comparing them is like comparing a movie you watched to a game that you played. You could come up with some comparisons sure, like story or animation quality or whatever, but those type of comparisons aren't generally made. The map design seems 'outdated' in the Corruptor when compared to the Lost Legion or Heroes, but then thats because they are completely different. Lost Legion caliber map design just wouldn't flow smoothly in a full length cinematic (keeping in mind the Vandhaal creating the Corruptor with the idea it would flow smoothly on ALL computers).

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003

[This message has been edited by jonathan1222 (edited 08-15-2009 @ 02:48 PM).]

posted 15 August 2009 03:06 PM EDT (US)     411 / 516  
Shut up! No it's not. It's The Corruptor!!!!!

Don't argue with me. He said it himself.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 15 August 2009 04:31 PM EDT (US)     412 / 516  
Vandhaal has certainly done some great maps, my favourite was Babylon. While I did enjoy the experience of watching The Corruptor, I don't think it's his best work.

Vandhaal has inspired many designers and gave me a big kick back in the old days that got me into designing. Vandhaal is certainly one of the best eyecandiers and a very respected designer.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 15 August 2009 06:51 PM EDT (US)     413 / 516  
To me the most effective thing about The Vandhaal is when the rest of us look at our work and have brought it up to that quality level where you know you're done, The Vandhaal is just beginning...
Yes.

posted 15 August 2009 07:05 PM EDT (US)     414 / 516  
I don't think Vandhaal was simply an eye candy guy... he was an artist. And an abstract artist at that. His work doesn't just feature well mixed terrains, etc. With him, it's more about putting things together to create a feeling. He also uses strong lighting to complete the 'mood'.

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

posted 16 August 2009 00:35 AM EDT (US)     415 / 516  
Yes well, he is not the only artist.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 16 August 2009 05:43 AM EDT (US)     416 / 516  
I disagree, while The Corruptor is certainly a benchmark and a great leap for cinematics, in general it was still a dissappointment. It was hyped to death (by you), and everyone probably expected the best thing in the entire history of AoM. It's long development cycle is to blame here: The Corruptor was allready finished in 2006 if I'm correct, but the music and voice-acting took another ~2,5 years. This long cycle caused the graphics to be outdated, especially if you compare them to newer maps like "Heroes" by Oscar or the Tower of Babylon.
You're correct. I've always wanted The Corruptor to be more than it is, probably because of the length of time that I waited. Even still, he did a good job. He's not Steven Spielberg, after all.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 16 August 2009 09:38 AM EDT (US)     417 / 516  
The Corrupter might not be his best but it's still really good and better than anything 99% of the forummers here could create.

Signatures are broken
posted 16 August 2009 11:21 AM EDT (US)     418 / 516  
He's not Steven Spielberg, after all.
Madness. Do not insult V! Let's put Steven Spielberg in the editor and see how far he gets...

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 16 August 2009 11:50 AM EDT (US)     419 / 516  
Each to his own medium.
Let's put Vandhaal in Hollywood and see what happens .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 16 August 2009 12:00 PM EDT (US)     420 / 516  
American Pie: Topless Gaia uncut.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 16 August 2009 04:04 PM EDT (US)     421 / 516  
Number Four

Name:reyk
Achievements: One of the pioneers of editor mods
Bio: reyk joined HG in 2000. Eventually he found his way to AoMH after the games release. At the time many people were disappointed with the editor. Reyk soon began to fiddle with XML code and began modding the editor. His first creation was a new condition entitled selection. A month later he dazzled AoMH with 12 new conditios and 12 new effects in the Some New Triggers pack. He then expanded on this with the Somenewtriggers V 2.5 pack which added one new condition and 7 more effects to his 24. He also began working on the Map Editor Patch with CheeZy. Eventually CheeZy gave him full control of the project and it became the New Editor. Along with the New Editor he created the AoM lists which allowed designers to access unit icons, animations, protonames and more. This was eventually added into the New Editor. With the release of the Titans reyk began working on the New Editor and the New X Editor at the same time. He also began creating new conditions and effects for both AoM and AoM TT. Along with these came the Main Menu Mods and the Terrain Mods. Today, most designers would be rendered helpless without the editor mods that reyk created. Reyk made things possible that many saw as impossible. He was one of the first people to create triggers and without him the AoM editor might still be the same editor that drove the AoK veteran designers away. It is Reyk's editor mods and triggers that make him one of the most influential designers of all time.
Creation(s): Terrain X Mod 2, SomeNewXTriggers 3(TT) & SomeNewTriggers4(AoM), New X Editor 3, for more by reyk click here!

NOTE: Most of reyk's creations come with Nottud's Editor Superpack

Signatures are broken
posted 16 August 2009 04:44 PM EDT (US)     422 / 516  
YES I use his editor!!!

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 16 August 2009 04:45 PM EDT (US)     423 / 516  
Ryke was freakin' awesome. Can't believe I forgot he'd be here.

posted 16 August 2009 05:35 PM EDT (US)     424 / 516  
3 Oscar
2 Nottud
1 ?
posted 16 August 2009 05:47 PM EDT (US)     425 / 516  
No way man, Ive got my money on nottud #1# he is absolutely the best at all he does.

Although you have a point, i can only think of nottud and oscar, who is also gunna be there?

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 21  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames