Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 21  Next Page »
posted 14 July 2009 01:04 PM EDT (US)   
DragonBlood11 presents....
In cooperation with Yeebaagooon and AoMH...
25 People who Changed AoM: A Tribute to the 25 Most Influential AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and Moderators.

With the recent nostalgia rush between the impending release of Ripto, Auron's brief visit, and a few other things I thought now would be the time to do this. I have created a list of 25 past and present AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and AoMH Moderators, who changed AoM as we know it. These members come from all different backgrounds and all corners of the globe but one thing they all had in common were they all loved designing and without them the design community would not be the same. Throughout the next 25 days I will be counting down my list of the 25 most influential people in AoM design history. This will also give newer members a chance to learn the names of the person who created those triggers or that utility program that they couldn't design without. So starting July 15, 2009 until August 9, 2009 I will (attempt) to reveal a new name every day followed by a short bio and a little information. Enjoy

NOTE: Newer members do not expect to be on this list. The newest person on this list(as in the one with the most recent join date) is from 2006.

Number One

Name:nottud
Achievements: So many achievements that were thought of as impossible
Bio: nottud joined AoMH in 2005. His first maps included the Pit of Doom, Avenger Race, and many more. nottud soon gained a reputation for finding weird glitches in the editor that designers could use to their advantage. In addition he also began to create RM scripts as well as scenarios. His RM debut was called islands and was basically a map with islands. While nottud had a number of decent scenarios and RMS including Escape 4 Worlds, Ancient Evil RPG, and Magic Floor, his name became big when he released Nottud's complete guide, map, template, etc super pack. It recieved a three 5 star ratings and included random maps, templates, the Complete Age of Mythology Sound List, and much more. Soon afterwards he made it possible to rotate buildings in game, and triggers allowing you to select players 11 and 12. His reputatiom soon began to grow as a skilled scenario design, RM scripter, and trigger creator. He created the Checked terrain type! which did work online and I used in my scenario Color Escape. He then compiled his triggers and editor mods with reyk's and others to create Nottud's Editor Superpack and Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack. He has created some widely popular triggers including the Transform trigger, conditional effects, shop triggers, and the Search triggers. He also created the stretch unit templates for eyecandiers. Nottud is also known for making scenarios in random map format such as Mythodea, the highly popular Battle of the Shapeshifters, and Chaos in World RPG, all done through RMS. In nearly 4 years nottud's reputation changed from that of an average scenario designer, to a legend and a master of all trades. His various skills and talents changed Age of Mythology and his editor mods took scenario design to a whole other level. It is nottud's jack of all trades style, his epic triggers and random maps, and finally his fun and innovative scenarios that make nottud one of the most influential designers of all time. Without nottud I wouldn't be here right now also so an ode to the boy with a mad imagination.
Creation(s): Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack, Mythodea RMS, Battle of the Shapeshifters, for more by nottud click here!

Previous Entires:
Paperfriend
pepsidude_123 aka Alex
PrplPplEater
Yeebaagooon
King Jared
Reinfire
Xamolxis
Socvazius
FC_Nidhogg
gaurdian_112
pftq
m0nTy_PyTh0n
Istari
Auron
Jakwarrior
invent00r
Archaeopterix
Stephen Caines
CheeZy
Matei
The_Vandhaal
reyk
Ykkrosh
Oscar

That concludes the list. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. Special thanks to SwordofValor and Yeebaagooon, this list would not have been possible without you guys.
The following people are honorable mentions. They did not make the list either because they did not have as big of an impact or I simply forgot about them when making the list, and couldn't fit them on.
Honorable Mentions:
Shiva
I Love Bananas
jml
SwordofValor
angryzor
Sziggi
Shrink
Papaya
Hessu
Baron Lopi
TwentyOneScore
AOMPlayer000
Mythic_Freak
oddy (this is the one that NOBODY mentioned that I referred to earlier)
Elrich
CaveTown
RiderofEternity
King of Cheese
waveslave610

Thank you everyone! Now time for a vacation! I shall return next Saturday!

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 08-23-2009 @ 09:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 August 2009 06:27 PM EDT (US)     376 / 516  
-Oscar
-Vandhaal
-SoV (Luckyman)
-jml
-Cave Town
-Azur ()

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
-Forums-
posted 11 August 2009 06:48 PM EDT (US)     377 / 516  
posted 11 August 2009 06:55 PM EDT (US)     378 / 516  
My money's on Reyk for number one.

posted 11 August 2009 07:13 PM EDT (US)     379 / 516  
Reyk and nottud are certainly up there.

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 11 August 2009 07:32 PM EDT (US)     380 / 516  
-Oscar
-Vandhaal
-Ykkrosh
-CaveTown
-Reyk

Also:
top five
no particular order

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"
posted 11 August 2009 09:03 PM EDT (US)     381 / 516  
I meant next five.

Signatures are broken
posted 11 August 2009 10:30 PM EDT (US)     382 / 516  
PaPaya
Not Skarr
Khan & Steak
I dunno
I dunno

posted 12 August 2009 01:30 AM EDT (US)     383 / 516  
Norse Wars was probably one of the coolest RM's I've every played. Matei's was for sure one of the best in RM design.

Top 5 I would say reyk, Nottud, the Vandhaal and Oscar, and then I'm not so sure...

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003
posted 12 August 2009 10:55 AM EDT (US)     384 / 516  
I have to admit, I don't remember Matei very well. I don't think he was very active.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 12 August 2009 12:48 PM EDT (US)     385 / 516  
posted 12 August 2009 01:09 PM EDT (US)     386 / 516  
My guesses for the last five in no particular order:

Oscar
The Vandhaal
Reyk
TwentyOneScore
Nottud

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer

[This message has been edited by Smooth (edited 08-12-2009 @ 01:11 PM).]

posted 12 August 2009 01:25 PM EDT (US)     387 / 516  
I agree with Reinfire. That would be good.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 12 August 2009 02:17 PM EDT (US)     388 / 516  
YYkrosh instead of TwentyOneScore imo
posted 12 August 2009 08:15 PM EDT (US)     389 / 516  
posted 12 August 2009 08:30 PM EDT (US)     390 / 516  
Two votes for CaveTown? :O I am actually quite surprised, I didn't realise he was popular?

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

posted 12 August 2009 09:57 PM EDT (US)     391 / 516  
Well, for eyecandies greatest acheivements, I would say Oscar and Vandhaal go in the top five. Reyk definately, because for his amazing new x editor that helped so many people, including me. NOTTUD #1# definate cus he is a trigger god. And he is pretty dang good at the other stuff he makes.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 12 August 2009 10:09 PM EDT (US)     392 / 516  
@Mephiles

Vandhaal isn't Oscar, if you were serious :P They'd both be online at the same time playing together. CONSPIRACY!~?!?

Anyway, nottud should be #1
posted 13 August 2009 05:03 PM EDT (US)     393 / 516  
@Mephiles

Vandhaal isn't Oscar, if you were serious :P They'd both be online at the same time playing together. CONSPIRACY!~?!?
I know he's not Oscar. Where did I say that he was?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 14 August 2009 05:50 PM EDT (US)     394 / 516  
Number Five

Name:The_Vandhaal
Achievements: One of the most creative and best designers of all time
Bio: Vandhaal joined HG in late 2002. He was originally a member of SWGB heaven however he eventually migrated over to AoMH. While he has not been the most active forumer, due to some nasty emails from other members. Despite this his scenarios, movies, and other creations are some of the greatest in AoM history. His first AoM release was the The Ring of the Nibelungen Act 1: The Rhinegold, an eighteen scenario campaign based of an opera by Richard Wagner. It is one of the highest rated files on AoMH and has recieved over 16,000 downloads. The Rhinegold was so impressive that he was invited to join the elite Tsunami Studios. He eventually accepted this offer. His next creation was an AoM music video for the song 'Brass Monkey' by the BG's. The project was given the name of the song. He then entered thr 2006 Pretty Town Competition and won first prize, with his showcase entitled Wonders of the Deep. Following the Pretty Town Competition he created a DVD named The Clash of Gibichungen, a prequel to the Rhinegold. After that he then decided to make a main menu version of his Wonders of the Deep Showcase. The Tower of Babylon, a single player scenario was his next release, and like his previous works, was very well recieved. He then created the Spartans Multiplayer Campaign. Although only the first three acts were released it was still very highly acclaimed, because of its replayability due to randomness. He also created the Elfish Hades City, and a mod entitled Hades Nudes and Archers, which he created with Alex in approximately 3 hours. According to The_Vandhaal the project had him in tears it was so funny. In 2009 he released his legendary 130 minute long cinematic campaign epic, The Corrupter, which was fully voice acted and had incredible music composed by m0nTy_PyTh0n. He was also the winner of the Ensemble Studios Age of Empires 10th Anniversary Image Contest, and the only person to submit a shot from Age of Mythology. His website is also very popular among AoMHers and hosts forum parties regularly entitled 'Fight Club'. It is The_Vandhaals legendary storylines, and design skills that make him one of the greatest and most influential designers of all time.
Creation(s): The Corruptor, The Ring of the Nibelungen Act 1: The Rhinegold, The Tower of Babylon, for more by The_Vandhaal click here!

Signatures are broken
posted 14 August 2009 05:53 PM EDT (US)     395 / 516  
Well, I was expecting that.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 14 August 2009 07:34 PM EDT (US)     396 / 516  
V's greatest project is Hades nudes and archers. We all know this.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 14 August 2009 07:36 PM EDT (US)     397 / 516  
Congrats mate.

The nude modpack, complete with pink fortresses and Hello KItty peering down from the city walls, was purely a joke not actually an accomplishment for our Dojo master friend. If you want to talk about Vandhaal's experiences in modding, he has a more notable collection of mods based off of some of his forumers as well as a bunch of new small eyecandy objects and buildings to play around with.

posted 14 August 2009 08:32 PM EDT (US)     398 / 516  
Is it downloadable anywhere. I wanna see this hilarous masterpiece.

Signatures are broken
posted 14 August 2009 08:35 PM EDT (US)     399 / 516  
I agree. Alex needs to e-mail me the naked gaia mod too.

Then I can play the last titans scenario for major lulz.

Then perhaps experiment with the gate ram object in editor.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 14 August 2009 08:59 PM EDT (US)     400 / 516  
My Gaia was based off of King Jared's. There's an album for it at Vandhaal's site but like everything else there, its very R-rated so I won't link to it.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 21  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames