Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
posted 14 July 2009 01:04 PM EDT (US)   
DragonBlood11 presents....
In cooperation with Yeebaagooon and AoMH...
25 People who Changed AoM: A Tribute to the 25 Most Influential AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and Moderators.

With the recent nostalgia rush between the impending release of Ripto, Auron's brief visit, and a few other things I thought now would be the time to do this. I have created a list of 25 past and present AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and AoMH Moderators, who changed AoM as we know it. These members come from all different backgrounds and all corners of the globe but one thing they all had in common were they all loved designing and without them the design community would not be the same. Throughout the next 25 days I will be counting down my list of the 25 most influential people in AoM design history. This will also give newer members a chance to learn the names of the person who created those triggers or that utility program that they couldn't design without. So starting July 15, 2009 until August 9, 2009 I will (attempt) to reveal a new name every day followed by a short bio and a little information. Enjoy

NOTE: Newer members do not expect to be on this list. The newest person on this list(as in the one with the most recent join date) is from 2006.

Number One

Name:nottud
Achievements: So many achievements that were thought of as impossible
Bio: nottud joined AoMH in 2005. His first maps included the Pit of Doom, Avenger Race, and many more. nottud soon gained a reputation for finding weird glitches in the editor that designers could use to their advantage. In addition he also began to create RM scripts as well as scenarios. His RM debut was called islands and was basically a map with islands. While nottud had a number of decent scenarios and RMS including Escape 4 Worlds, Ancient Evil RPG, and Magic Floor, his name became big when he released Nottud's complete guide, map, template, etc super pack. It recieved a three 5 star ratings and included random maps, templates, the Complete Age of Mythology Sound List, and much more. Soon afterwards he made it possible to rotate buildings in game, and triggers allowing you to select players 11 and 12. His reputatiom soon began to grow as a skilled scenario design, RM scripter, and trigger creator. He created the Checked terrain type! which did work online and I used in my scenario Color Escape. He then compiled his triggers and editor mods with reyk's and others to create Nottud's Editor Superpack and Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack. He has created some widely popular triggers including the Transform trigger, conditional effects, shop triggers, and the Search triggers. He also created the stretch unit templates for eyecandiers. Nottud is also known for making scenarios in random map format such as Mythodea, the highly popular Battle of the Shapeshifters, and Chaos in World RPG, all done through RMS. In nearly 4 years nottud's reputation changed from that of an average scenario designer, to a legend and a master of all trades. His various skills and talents changed Age of Mythology and his editor mods took scenario design to a whole other level. It is nottud's jack of all trades style, his epic triggers and random maps, and finally his fun and innovative scenarios that make nottud one of the most influential designers of all time. Without nottud I wouldn't be here right now also so an ode to the boy with a mad imagination.
Creation(s): Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack, Mythodea RMS, Battle of the Shapeshifters, for more by nottud click here!

Previous Entires:
Paperfriend
pepsidude_123 aka Alex
PrplPplEater
Yeebaagooon
King Jared
Reinfire
Xamolxis
Socvazius
FC_Nidhogg
gaurdian_112
pftq
m0nTy_PyTh0n
Istari
Auron
Jakwarrior
invent00r
Archaeopterix
Stephen Caines
CheeZy
Matei
The_Vandhaal
reyk
Ykkrosh
Oscar

That concludes the list. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. Special thanks to SwordofValor and Yeebaagooon, this list would not have been possible without you guys.
The following people are honorable mentions. They did not make the list either because they did not have as big of an impact or I simply forgot about them when making the list, and couldn't fit them on.
Honorable Mentions:
Shiva
I Love Bananas
jml
SwordofValor
angryzor
Sziggi
Shrink
Papaya
Hessu
Baron Lopi
TwentyOneScore
AOMPlayer000
Mythic_Freak
oddy (this is the one that NOBODY mentioned that I referred to earlier)
Elrich
CaveTown
RiderofEternity
King of Cheese
waveslave610

Thank you everyone! Now time for a vacation! I shall return next Saturday!

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 08-23-2009 @ 09:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 27 July 2009 04:09 PM EDT (US)     226 / 516  
3 Mythic Cops.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 27 July 2009 04:59 PM EDT (US)     227 / 516  
I wouldn't say he made the impossible possible. The work he done was mainly based on Matei\TOS great understanding of the game random maps. With that code he made triggers out of it. Which obviously helped out all scenarios designers. .[\quote]

yeah I know but on the description it says "I have made the impossible possible" so I thought I would use it in the bio

Signatures are broken
posted 27 July 2009 10:08 PM EDT (US)     228 / 516  
posted 28 July 2009 06:05 AM EDT (US)     229 / 516  
I remember him well. It's a shame he's no longer here.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 29 July 2009 02:48 PM EDT (US)     230 / 516  
Number Fourteen

Name:m0nTy_PyTh0n
Achievements: One of the pioneers of RM Scripting, Exellence in RM scripting and SFX creation
Bio: m0nTy_PyTh0n joined AoMH in 2002. His first AoM creation was a simple 'Blank Maps' RM script which allowed scenario creators to generate extremely flat maps for creation, instead of having to flatten them manually. This was followed a month later by 'Mythland', a highly acclaimed RPG in Random Map form. Mythland was followed by a string of highly rated Random Maps, some standard supremacy game type, and others, scenarios inside random maps, which were created with YATE(Yet Another Trigger Editor), a program created by m0nTy to create triggers inside random maps. YATE would later become a starting point for designers such as nottud, who create scenarios inside RMs. He soon began creating SFX files and songs for Age of Mythology. m0nTy_PyTh0n submitted 14 random maps to the AoMH community, 5 which have recieved perfect ratings. He created 5 different soundtracks, 1 which recieved a perfect rating. It is m0nTy_PyTh0n's contribution to Random Map Scripting, and to SFX creation that make him one of the most influential designers of all time.
Creation(s): Black Forest REAL, River Island, J.S. Bach - Cello Suite No. 4, for more by m0nTy_PyTh0n click here!

Sorry for not being able to update this yesterday.

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 07-29-2009 @ 02:53 PM).]

posted 29 July 2009 03:44 PM EDT (US)     231 / 516  
Very nice choice there. You have it most of them on the mark.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
~My Heavens~
AoMH
SpH
DoFH
Also, I am here.
posted 29 July 2009 03:46 PM EDT (US)     232 / 516  
Also don't forget he did most (if not all) of the music with his orchestra for The Corrupter
posted 30 July 2009 04:27 AM EDT (US)     233 / 516  
Indeed. The Corruptor was something he put an unimaginable amount of effort into.

MEPH

posted 30 July 2009 06:32 AM EDT (US)     234 / 516  
Wow you noticd my starting points for random maps was using YATE of his - it is indeed! I am impresed you mentioned/picked that up because without it I might not be a RM scripter as I am.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 31 July 2009 11:48 PM EDT (US)     235 / 516  
Sorry for two days of silence I am very busy. I wil hopefully update tomorrow.

Signatures are broken
posted 01 August 2009 09:06 AM EDT (US)     236 / 516  
m0nTy_PyTh0n is the boss! He helped me so much with understanding how the complete basics of rms worked (Nottud and M_F helped later on of course).

His work is legendary in my eyes, and a great person! ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 01 August 2009 09:18 AM EDT (US)     237 / 516  
I know he's a good RMSer but I've only seen his how not to be seen one.

His music is certainly legendary .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 01 August 2009 11:52 AM EDT (US)     238 / 516  
Number Thirteen

Name:Istari
Achievements: Lots of great Single Player RPG scenarios
Bio: Istari joined AoMH in 2003. Despite not being the most active forumer Istari released quite a few quality scenarios that influenced many designers. His first scenario was The Fellowship of the Ring: Part I an AoM adaption of Toiken's Lord of the Rings. Istari would later become known for his love of the Lord of the Rings series. His second, and most acclaimed scenario, was Sorcery, a scenario about a man looking for adventure. The scenario recieved rave reviews from AoMH members and was constantly praised for its creativity. Sorcery was followed by Sorcery: Revamped, an improved version of Sorcery with added content. Sorcery: Revamped recieved a mention in Gamestar Magazine, the largest PC magazine in Germany at the time. Sorcery: Revamped was followed by Treason, which like his previous scenarios, was recieved very well. His final contribution the AoMH community was The Hobbit an AoM adaption of Tolkien's classic novel. The scenario was a perfect adaption, and chronicled every major point and character mentioned in the book. The file has recieved over 13,000 downloads making it one of the most downloaded files on AoMH. It is Istari's incredible scenarios that make him one of the most influential designers of all time.
Creation(s): The Hobbit, Sorcery, Sorcery: Revamped, for more by Istari, click here!

Signatures are broken
posted 01 August 2009 04:27 PM EDT (US)     239 / 516  
Don't forget about this too: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,21828,30,30

Actually a lot of the people on your list have them. For those who are interested: http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/designerbios

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.

[This message has been edited by PaPaya (edited 08-01-2009 @ 04:28 PM).]

posted 01 August 2009 04:33 PM EDT (US)     240 / 516  
Istari? Wow now that's really going back!

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

posted 01 August 2009 08:35 PM EDT (US)     241 / 516  
Istari=definition of legend. He is the man who set me on my path to scenario design, most of my design techniques and ideas spawn from his inspiration. RPG-god.

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 02 August 2009 06:12 PM EDT (US)     242 / 516  
Good choice. Defenitely belongs in this list.
posted 02 August 2009 07:07 PM EDT (US)     243 / 516  
Hello

First of all I must say I'm quite honoured that I appear in this list, and its nice to read about all those designers of the past (and present). I have good memories of most of the peoople listed so far Excellent work Dragonblood

Allthough this piece from my own part:
He then began working on a cinematic scenario that would explain the time in between Doom Lords and Doom Lords 2. However this was never finished because the file became corrupt.
Where did you get this information? Maybe it has just been too long ago to still be in my memory, but I cant remember ever making this cinematic

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 03 August 2009 04:58 AM EDT (US)     244 / 516  
You'll be needing to add my Biography to that list, Paps.

MEPH

posted 03 August 2009 11:03 AM EDT (US)     245 / 516  
Hello

First of all I must say I'm quite honoured that I appear in this list, and its nice to read about all those designers of the past (and present). I have good memories of most of the peoople listed so far Excellent work Dragonblood

Allthough this piece from my own part:
He then began working on a cinematic scenario that would explain the time in between Doom Lords and Doom Lords 2. However this was never finished because the file became corrupt.
Where did you get this information? Maybe it has just been too long ago to still be in my memory, but I cant remember ever making this cinematic
All of the information is from your autobiography, unless I misinterpreted something.

Also the next entry will be up today. My power got knocked out again yesterday due to a fierce electrical storm

Signatures are broken
posted 03 August 2009 11:24 AM EDT (US)     246 / 516  
Number Twelve

Name:Auron
Achievements: Incredible scenario designer and modder
Bio: Auron joined AoMH in 2003. During his 4 years as a designer his reputation as a 'noob' changed to that as one of the best spoken and overall best designers of all time. His first real scenario was Setna and the Lands of Egypt which recieved a mention in Gamestar Magazine. He then joined Merlord Studios and remained a member until it's death. He then rejoined Mapmakers, a design team that he had been apart of before Setna and the Lands of Egypt. After Mapmakers died Auron joined the newly formed Ambition Design, where he began learning the basics of modding and released a few texture mods. He then joined Woad Creations aswell, however then left both Ambition Design and Woad Creation to join Tsunami Studios. He then released The Bridge, a multiplayer deathmatch scenario that was very well recieved. He then began creating updating versions of his old creations including Hyrule, a noobish map he had made a long time ago, The Bridge, and his Texture Packs. He then released a series of
guides including the Day/Night Cycle Guide, the Menu Background Guide, the Modifying Unit's Status Guide. He then released the Terrain Modpack, a modpack that worked online that is now widely used by scenario designers. Following the Terrain Modpack he released a guide to RM scripting, which he had learned during his time at Woad Creations, and a guide on using invisible objects, such as cinematic blocks. He began working on a campaign entitled Ragnelf: The Journey which he never finished. In 2006 he entered the Pretty Town Competition and recieved 3rd place. In July of 2009, Auron made a brief visit back to AoMH and released the unfinished Ragnelf: The Journey along with some unfinished mods. It is Auron's awesome scenarios, modpacks, and guides that make him one of the most influential designers of all time.
Creation(s): Terrain Modpack, Setna and The Lands of Egypt, The Bridge, Textures Pack, for more by Auron click here!

Signatures are broken
posted 03 August 2009 02:29 PM EDT (US)     247 / 516  
Ah yes. I remember Auron well. He was a fantastic and inspiring guy.
My power got knocked out again yesterday due to a fierce electrical storm
Again?

MEPH

posted 03 August 2009 03:33 PM EDT (US)     248 / 516  
Yeah it's been a weird summer, lots of thunderstorms.

Signatures are broken
posted 03 August 2009 04:04 PM EDT (US)     249 / 516  
lots of stormies here to.. let's thief Hera's GP at once! or i guess someone is using cheats up there amd spamming lightning storm at us.. oh i can hear something '~DIVINE INTERVENETION~'.
posted 03 August 2009 08:11 PM EDT (US)     250 / 516  
Auron. Defenitely!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames