Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
posted 14 July 2009 01:04 PM EDT (US)   
DragonBlood11 presents....
In cooperation with Yeebaagooon and AoMH...
25 People who Changed AoM: A Tribute to the 25 Most Influential AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and Moderators.

With the recent nostalgia rush between the impending release of Ripto, Auron's brief visit, and a few other things I thought now would be the time to do this. I have created a list of 25 past and present AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and AoMH Moderators, who changed AoM as we know it. These members come from all different backgrounds and all corners of the globe but one thing they all had in common were they all loved designing and without them the design community would not be the same. Throughout the next 25 days I will be counting down my list of the 25 most influential people in AoM design history. This will also give newer members a chance to learn the names of the person who created those triggers or that utility program that they couldn't design without. So starting July 15, 2009 until August 9, 2009 I will (attempt) to reveal a new name every day followed by a short bio and a little information. Enjoy

NOTE: Newer members do not expect to be on this list. The newest person on this list(as in the one with the most recent join date) is from 2006.

Number One

Name:nottud
Achievements: So many achievements that were thought of as impossible
Bio: nottud joined AoMH in 2005. His first maps included the Pit of Doom, Avenger Race, and many more. nottud soon gained a reputation for finding weird glitches in the editor that designers could use to their advantage. In addition he also began to create RM scripts as well as scenarios. His RM debut was called islands and was basically a map with islands. While nottud had a number of decent scenarios and RMS including Escape 4 Worlds, Ancient Evil RPG, and Magic Floor, his name became big when he released Nottud's complete guide, map, template, etc super pack. It recieved a three 5 star ratings and included random maps, templates, the Complete Age of Mythology Sound List, and much more. Soon afterwards he made it possible to rotate buildings in game, and triggers allowing you to select players 11 and 12. His reputatiom soon began to grow as a skilled scenario design, RM scripter, and trigger creator. He created the Checked terrain type! which did work online and I used in my scenario Color Escape. He then compiled his triggers and editor mods with reyk's and others to create Nottud's Editor Superpack and Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack. He has created some widely popular triggers including the Transform trigger, conditional effects, shop triggers, and the Search triggers. He also created the stretch unit templates for eyecandiers. Nottud is also known for making scenarios in random map format such as Mythodea, the highly popular Battle of the Shapeshifters, and Chaos in World RPG, all done through RMS. In nearly 4 years nottud's reputation changed from that of an average scenario designer, to a legend and a master of all trades. His various skills and talents changed Age of Mythology and his editor mods took scenario design to a whole other level. It is nottud's jack of all trades style, his epic triggers and random maps, and finally his fun and innovative scenarios that make nottud one of the most influential designers of all time. Without nottud I wouldn't be here right now also so an ode to the boy with a mad imagination.
Creation(s): Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack, Mythodea RMS, Battle of the Shapeshifters, for more by nottud click here!

Previous Entires:
Paperfriend
pepsidude_123 aka Alex
PrplPplEater
Yeebaagooon
King Jared
Reinfire
Xamolxis
Socvazius
FC_Nidhogg
gaurdian_112
pftq
m0nTy_PyTh0n
Istari
Auron
Jakwarrior
invent00r
Archaeopterix
Stephen Caines
CheeZy
Matei
The_Vandhaal
reyk
Ykkrosh
Oscar

That concludes the list. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. Special thanks to SwordofValor and Yeebaagooon, this list would not have been possible without you guys.
The following people are honorable mentions. They did not make the list either because they did not have as big of an impact or I simply forgot about them when making the list, and couldn't fit them on.
Honorable Mentions:
Shiva
I Love Bananas
jml
SwordofValor
angryzor
Sziggi
Shrink
Papaya
Hessu
Baron Lopi
TwentyOneScore
AOMPlayer000
Mythic_Freak
oddy (this is the one that NOBODY mentioned that I referred to earlier)
Elrich
CaveTown
RiderofEternity
King of Cheese
waveslave610

Thank you everyone! Now time for a vacation! I shall return next Saturday!

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 08-23-2009 @ 09:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 19 August 2009 02:02 PM EDT (US)     451 / 516  
Bloodsport was where I got the original custom code thingy that I used on my random maps. A while later I greatly improved the efficiency of it allowing longer commands to be entered via it.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 19 August 2009 02:14 PM EDT (US)     452 / 516  
posted 19 August 2009 05:05 PM EDT (US)     453 / 516  
Haha, oh, wow nick, just, wow.

Norse Wars! Remake! Doesn't mean I remade the map, it means I remade the room, as in, let's play again, come on, it's a common sense thing!

It's a signature, What more do you want?
posted 19 August 2009 08:23 PM EDT (US)     454 / 516  
Number Three

Name:Ykkrosh
Achievements: The Father of Modding
Bio: Ykkrosh joined HG in 2001, and eventually migrated over to AoMH. He soon began looking for ways to modify the game, and being a competent programmer, released AoMED, which gave birth to modding. AoMED allowed users to convert formats used solely by AoM into common file formats, and vice versa allowing people to mod the game. In addition to AoMED he also created The BAR Builder. AoMED and the BAR Builder literally created modding. Without these two essential applications modding would not exist as it does today, and possibly wouldn't exist at all. A lot of the editor addons created by nottud, reyk, CheeZy, and others would not be possible without Ykkrosh's contributions, nor would many of the great mods created by people like Stephen Caines, PrplPplEater, and other modders. Even though he was not the most active AoMH forummer his contributions are shown in all areas of scenario design. It is AoMED and the Bar Builder, and his knowledge of AoM's insides that make Ykkrosh one of the most influential designers of all time.
Creation(s): AoMED, BAR Loading Mod

Signatures are broken
posted 19 August 2009 08:36 PM EDT (US)     455 / 516  
That was mandatory. I am using both of his creations, and plan to soon release my first texture mod.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 19 August 2009 11:49 PM EDT (US)     456 / 516  
Just as was stated by DragonBlood, Ykkrosh gave birth to modding. Though he was before my time began here, I like everyone else here, be they scenario designer, modder or both, have benefited from AoMED.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003
posted 20 August 2009 05:19 AM EDT (US)     457 / 516  
I think he left a couple of months after I joined.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 20 August 2009 06:50 AM EDT (US)     458 / 516  
AoMED made modding so much easier, I cannot imagine how I could add more terrian to AoM without it.

<3
posted 20 August 2009 09:02 AM EDT (US)     459 / 516  
I actually emailed him at one point a year or two ago about making a Titans version of AOMMed. He was very helpful..

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 22 August 2009 07:41 AM EDT (US)     460 / 516  
Isn't it compatible with both vanilla and chocolate?

Signatures are broken
posted 22 August 2009 07:58 AM EDT (US)     461 / 516  
Yes but not expansion scenarios.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 22 August 2009 04:27 PM EDT (US)     462 / 516  
Yes, but cant you convert an scx file to an scn file? I beleive Iv'e done it before.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 22 August 2009 04:39 PM EDT (US)     463 / 516  
posted 22 August 2009 04:44 PM EDT (US)     464 / 516  
Isn't the free MU hardcoded into the scx?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 22 August 2009 08:22 PM EDT (US)     465 / 516  
Number Two

Name:Oscar
Achievements: One of the greatest eyecandiers and overall scenario designers of all time
Bio: Oscar joined AoMH in 2003. During his time at AoMH his reputation grew to people labeling him "The Greatest Designer of All Time". His first scenarios were Flight from Elinos and LOYALTY AND HONOR both which recieved mixed reviews, however Oscar's future looked bright. His next scenario was Polaris vs Cow Warrior which also recieved mixed reviews. About 9 months after Polaris vs Cow Warrior her released The Lord of the the Battles a three level LoTR campaign that chronicled the adventures of the Fellowship. It was his first of many critically acclaimed creations recieving a 4.5 rating and over 13,000 downloads. His next release followed a month later and was a single player scenario entitled SCIPIO. Despite not recieving nearly as many downloads the scenario recieved a 4.4 average in 4 reviews. On Christmas Eve 2004 Oscar released The Lost Legion often considered one of his greatest works. The file has garnered nearly 10,000 downloads and a 4.8 rating in 8 reviews. Nearly a year later, with the help of Sziggi and Ganesh, he released the legendary The Guardians a campaign that set a new standard for quality and eyecandy. The Guardians is his most known work and has a 4.6 rating over 15 reviews and over 10,000 downloads. After nearly a year and a half of design absence Oscar made his multiplayer debut with Adventures 1 RPG. The map was praised for its Balance and Creativity. He followed up on Adventures with Adventures 2 which continued with a lot of the features that made the first game so exciting. His final contribution to the AoMH community was made in May 2008, when he released the final installment in the Adventures series Adventures 3. The scenario has recieved a perfect 5.0 rating and is the only multiplayer scenario on AoMH to do so. Oscar created legendary maps. The eyecandy style used by many designers today is called "Oscar Style Eyecandy" because it was he who made it popular. Oscar set a new bar in scenario design. Without his legendary scenarios, eyecandy, and storylines scenario design would not be anywhere near where it is today. It is Oscar's legendary eyecandy, scenarios, storylines, and overall innovation that make him one of the most influential designers of all time. I tip my hat to the Italian Stallion, who is personally my biggest influence. And one more thing...ITALIAN (AMERICAN) PRIDE!!
Creation(s): The Guardians, Adventureers 3 RPG, The Lost Legion, for more by Oscar click here!

Guys, I am going on vocation on Monday. I will try to complete the list tomorrow. If not then I will be back on Sunday.

Signatures are broken
posted 22 August 2009 08:34 PM EDT (US)     466 / 516  

Number 2? Oscar should be #1.

posted 22 August 2009 08:37 PM EDT (US)     467 / 516  
gee i wonder who's last (sarcasm)

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 23 August 2009 06:18 AM EDT (US)     468 / 516  
Viva la Oscar!

@Skarr
It's in no particular order.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 23 August 2009 06:28 AM EDT (US)     469 / 516  
Ah Oscar, IMO the best eyecandier AoM has ever seen.

His maps were truly legendary and a massive inspiration to me and countless others. I think Oscar is the best scenario designer in the history of AoMH by far.
(AMERICAN)
What?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 08-23-2009 @ 06:30 AM).]

posted 23 August 2009 06:54 AM EDT (US)     470 / 516  
Oscar is so cool I loved his Guardian campaign!
posted 23 August 2009 09:44 AM EDT (US)     471 / 516  
@Yeeb

Well Oscar is Italian, and I am Italian-American so yeah.

Signatures are broken
posted 23 August 2009 10:04 AM EDT (US)     472 / 516  
All hail Oscar. If I'd had to pic an idol from HG, He'd be mine.

KingUndergroundKing
posted 23 August 2009 09:42 PM EDT (US)     473 / 516  
Number One

Name:nottud
Achievements: So many achievements that were thought of as impossible
Bio: nottud joined AoMH in 2005. His first maps included the Pit of Doom, Avenger Race, and many more. nottud soon gained a reputation for finding weird glitches in the editor that designers could use to their advantage. In addition he also began to create RM scripts as well as scenarios. His RM debut was called islands and was basically a map with islands. While nottud had a number of decent scenarios and RMS including Escape 4 Worlds, Ancient Evil RPG, and Magic Floor, his name became big when he released Nottud's complete guide, map, template, etc super pack. It recieved a three 5 star ratings and included random maps, templates, the Complete Age of Mythology Sound List, and much more. Soon afterwards he made it possible to rotate buildings in game, and triggers allowing you to select players 11 and 12. His reputatiom soon began to grow as a skilled scenario design, RM scripter, and trigger creator. He created the Checked terrain type! which did work online and I used in my scenario Color Escape. He then compiled his triggers and editor mods with reyk's and others to create Nottud's Editor Superpack and Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack. He has created some widely popular triggers including the Transform trigger, conditional effects, shop triggers, and the Search triggers. He also created the stretch unit templates for eyecandiers. Nottud is also known for making scenarios in random map format such as Mythodea, the highly popular Battle of the Shapeshifters, and Chaos in World RPG, all done through RMS. In nearly 4 years nottud's reputation changed from that of an average scenario designer, to a legend and a master of all trades. His various skills and talents changed Age of Mythology and his editor mods took scenario design to a whole other level. It is nottud's jack of all trades style, his epic triggers and random maps, and finally his fun and innovative scenarios that make nottud one of the most influential designers of all time. Without nottud I wouldn't be here right now also so an ode to the boy with a mad imagination.
Creation(s): Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack, Mythodea RMS, Battle of the Shapeshifters, for more by nottud click here!

That concludes the list. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. Special thanks to SwordofValor and Yeebaagooon, this list would not have been possible without you guys.
The following people are honorable mentions. They did not make the list either because they did not have as big of an impact or I simply forgot about them when making the list, and couldn't fit them on.
Honorable Mentions:
Shiva
I Love Bananas
jml
SwordofValor
angryzor
Sziggi
Shrink
Papaya
Hessu
Baron Lopi
TwentyOneScore
AOMPlayer000
Mythic_Freak
oddy (this is the one that NOBODY mentioned that I referred to earlier)
Elrich
CaveTown
RiderofEternity
King of Cheese
waveslave610

Thank you everyone! Now time for a vacation! I shall return next Saturday!

Signatures are broken
posted 23 August 2009 10:03 PM EDT (US)     474 / 516  
There are way too many to mention in just 25. Nice job on this though.

Have a nice vacation!

posted 24 August 2009 00:42 AM EDT (US)     475 / 516  
Nottud is plain awesome. Would like to notate that rotating buildings was not done first by him, I saw a couple people do it before he released anything on AOMH and did figure out how to do so myself... although I was rather selfish and didn't upload a guide or something >.>

Something something a quarter of a century old.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames