You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: PBEM INFORMATION (Newbies - start here!) - info/new games/substitute/absentee notes/etc.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60  Next Page »
posted 10-13-02 08:54 PM EDT (US)   

<td
Greetings! This is the...Game Password Keepers
Play By EMail Information and News Page forGreenmonster: aowsm.pass@gmail.com
Age of Wonders II
Albaron: albaron.aow@googlemail.com

• To avoid clutter, please avoid discussions on this thread. Instead, add a link to a thread with the discussion.

• Please post your new pbem games, petition for substitute players, report when you will be absent from an ongoing game, or whatever else applies to PBEM gaming news.

Please contact one of the players in the "Game Password Keepers" box to hold passwords for a game. That way, if one passworded player *disappears* on you, he can help you unlock the game so you can continue play. More information below.

Please find more information on how to get started on PBEM in this thread as well.

INFORMATION FOR NEWCOMERS:

If you are new to this community and PBEM you are strongly advised to read the PBEM Guide. This will contain most basic information. In general, let us know you are new, and people can take it into consideration.

Further basic information can be found at these places:

- How to automatize your turn sending
    - How to set your password
    - What the houserules are
    - Where to find the latest patch

There are several ways to start a pbem game:

- Join a new game. These games will be announced in the forum (or in this thread). You may have to be patient before you will be able to join a game. Here is an example of such a recruitment thread.
    - Start a new game yourself. You are expected to start up the game yourself. Here is an example where a new person recruits people him/herself.
    - Substitute in a game. You can replace a player who has disappeared an take over his/her position. Threads where substitutes are needed are posted in this thread!
    - Join a random generated game. Please check if this service is active when you try it. When enough people have gathered, an organizer will set the games up for you.
    - Email people. You can email individuals that you are comfortable with if they are willing to start a game with you.

Tip: it is helpful if you have your gaming email show in your profile. This way, people can easily contact you, and set up a game!

PASSWORD KEEPERS:

You are strongly recommended to add a password to your games. The reason is not so much the risk of cheaters, but people ACCIDENTALLY opening your turn. This can really spoil a game, for everyone!

If you find yourself in a game where one player has disappeared and has passworded his turn, contact each person on the KEEPER list (See above) to see if they have the password. The keeper should unlock the game but not give out the password. (Delete the password or put in a new one.) This guarantees that passwords remain confidential (Some players use one password for all games.)

HOW TO USE THIS THREAD:

New games:
    1. PBEM game map name or game name.

2. A link to the game's turn log or signup thread. (To put a link to a thread in your post, just copy the url from your browser "address" line, create the new topic under "pbem news," and past the address line into the message).

3. A short (only a few lines) description of the game. Shorter is better.

4. Post a followup message when the game is filled.

Substitutes:
    1. Same information as for new games.

2. What wizard/sphere/race(?) needs a substitute.

3. Post a followup message when the position is filled.

Absentee notice:
    1. Your name and possibly game name(s); wizard name would be nice too.

2. Days absent.

Other:
    1. A short paragraph with other pertinent information (such as "game stared" or "position filled").

2. A link to another thread for discussion purposes. DO not discuss here! Please.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------- --
    Current PBEM News:

-------------------------------------------------- --

Link to AoW1 PBEM NEWS

[This message has been edited by Enginerd (edited 06-20-2012 @ 01:34 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 08-23-09 01:54 PM EDT (US)     1081 / 2391  
    - Updated header post -

I may be slower with non-Tourney games the coming time...

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
    My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
    Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
    My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
    Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 08-23-2009 @ 11:41 PM).]

posted 08-26-09 11:53 PM EDT (US)     1082 / 2391  
    A restart message will appear in all of my games. Apparently, this happened when I opened another user account in my computer to do some tests with Save Games in Windows Vista (see here). After those tests, a restart message appeared in all my games (so far only 2).

My apologies !

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
    posted 08-27-09 00:18 AM EDT (US)     1083 / 2391  
    subs found

OFFICIAL PASSWORD KEEPER - email me! aowsm.pass@gmail.com

GMMod for AoW2
    'a River Ran Through It' aow2 map 'the Charm'(SM edition)

[This message has been edited by greenmonster (edited 08-30-2009 @ 01:14 PM).]

posted 08-29-09 07:24 AM EDT (US)     1084 / 2391  
    Need a sub for ibobs in Lords of Celederion
    http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=25&tn=3943&st=recent&f=25,0,0,365#pagebottom253943

Sharbu, a player in this game is on vacation until the first week of September. The game is on standby until then, but feel free to post there to replace ibobs in the thread before he comes back from holidays.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
    posted 08-29-09 07:44 AM EDT (US)     1085 / 2391  
    Actually, I forgot to tell everybody that ibobs accepted to keep playing this LoC game to my request, so no sub is needed there. But thanks for your attention, naecO!
    posted 08-29-09 07:46 PM EDT (US)     1086 / 2391  
    I have some serious RL issues since Friday and this prevents me from playing until monday afternoon/evening.

Sorry for any delay.
    posted 08-30-09 05:14 PM EDT (US)     1087 / 2391  
    I am back from vacations and will start to get the turns out tomorrow evening. Because of the mentioned problems with my notebook, i will move all games to my desktop PC which will cause restart messages in all my games except the tournament games, which will be started on that computer.
    posted 09-02-09 03:37 AM EDT (US)     1088 / 2391  
    Horrors of horrors!!! First, my desktop computer broke down due to a hard disk failure & now that I got a new one, I lost my AoWSM CD!!! The copy in my laptop is the only copy left. Goodness!!!

Sapphoenix is losing every single PBEM (almost!), but loving it!
    posted 09-02-09 02:35 PM EDT (US)     1089 / 2391  
    COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE!!!!
    Sorry for delays in my games. They started appearing because of my vacation trips and other RL-related reasons, and now the tourney games have highest priority for me. Also I didn't feel very good yesterday, so I couldn't play much.

I'm playing my non-tourney turns in order of receiving them, the oldest ones first. I hope I can play more in the coming days to reduce the delays.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
    Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
    posted 09-03-09 04:04 PM EDT (US)     1090 / 2391  
    Uhhhh, please excuse me if I am a bit slow with non-tournament turns these days. I didn't have a lot of room in my schedule before this contest started and it ain't got no better since. I am priortising my tournament turns over my regular games, apologies, apologies.

james.

posted 09-06-09 09:35 PM EDT (US)     1091 / 2391  
    Hi!

We need a sub for Furbano in this game.

Promising Land

(TheGroll_PawelS_Chascal_KingDavid_Swolte_Timelord_ZombieEater_Fub arno)

Schema of the Frostlings, Survivalist, 4 Air & 2 Water : played by Fubarno !

http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=25&tn=3912&st=recent&f=25,3912,0,60

we are still only on day 12 and I think we all are still weak wizards. Balance should be still fair and you will still be able to write your own story if you take over this wizard.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
    Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. David´s Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
    8. Marlene´s_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
    11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
    Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
    Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
    posted 09-08-09 12:03 PM EDT (US)     1092 / 2391  
    I'm a bit short on time and have played only tournament games. My tournament will be soon over so have patience with me :/
    posted 09-09-09 09:57 PM EDT (US)     1093 / 2391  
    I'm having a hardware problem with my laptop. With the Tourney going on, especially the match with Pawel has come to a crucial stage, I don't want to generate restart message by doing some emergency fix. I'll look for my PC vendor support and see what I can do. I will try playing the game later but of course not on important games if I see restart message arises.

Plus, my wife's maternity leave ended today, so I won't be able to send turns out as fast as I'd like to. You can imagine the picture of me holding my 4 month old son and doing some clickings

posted 09-10-09 03:48 PM EDT (US)     1094 / 2391  
    [Edit:No longer wanted Wanted]: partner for 1v1 Blackhheart and Goodfella's War, tournament rules (part of posting logs is not a must).

Well, few know for sure they are in the next round, but we can just play

My email: .....

Spell check failed - not enough mana

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-10-2009 @ 07:10 PM).]

posted 09-11-09 04:26 AM EDT (US)     1095 / 2391  
    Oops! I can't log into my gmail account to download the tournament PBEM files. It hangs at the page without reaching the prompt for my userid & password. I hope it is temporary.

Issue solved!

[This message has been edited by Sapphoenix (edited 09-14-2009 @ 07:12 AM).]

posted 09-12-09 04:28 AM EDT (US)     1096 / 2391  
    My apologies, i am quite busy with the tournament games which have priority in the next week, but still trying to get the normal turns out whenever possible. Sorry for any delays...
    posted 09-12-09 05:37 AM EDT (US)     1097 / 2391  
    Not able to play during the weekend.
    posted 09-14-09 06:41 PM EDT (US)     1098 / 2391  
    In the next few days, I will attempt to switch my games from my work laptop computer back to my 'new' desktop, which is much faster & more reliable for graphics. Since I am in the middle of the tournament, I will try to switch at such juncture that the interruption to the games will be minimal. I apologise in advance for the restart messages I will generate.

[This message has been edited by Sapphoenix (edited 09-16-2009 @ 10:19 AM).]

posted 09-15-09 02:29 AM EDT (US)     1099 / 2391  
    I´ll be on vacation as of thursday for ten days...
    Will not be able to play any turns during that time.

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
    Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
    Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
    ><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
    posted 09-17-09 11:34 PM EDT (US)     1100 / 2391  
    Almost got all my turns played, only a couple left (and they are the ones that take a long time to play, marlene's schatten, welt, etc). Off on vacation not able to play any turns fri and sat. I'll get everything played on Sunday.

Besides... Flander needs a rest too as he has much to think about before his next update
    posted 09-18-09 02:24 AM EDT (US)     1101 / 2391  
    http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=25&tn=247&st=1092#post1093
    I'm taking the opportunity of having finished Round1 Tourney to repair my computer. A complete rebuild of the OS is expected and thus restart message.

My apologies!

posted 09-18-09 05:03 AM EDT (US)     1102 / 2391  
    QueenElme & i will be away on our vacations until 27th of September. I hope that thereafter i can come back to a normal life, sending out all turns regularly. I am very sorry for my other games that the tourney has delayed them, and i will clear my turnbox when i come back.
    posted 09-22-09 02:50 AM EDT (US)     1103 / 2391  
    I have an important presentation & I am busy working on it. Sorry, I will work on the turns as soon as I have some time.

posted 09-23-09 07:43 AM EDT (US)     1104 / 2391  
    I won't be playing any games until I'm back in France on Saturday.

posted 09-25-09 09:33 AM EDT (US)     1105 / 2391  
    I won't be able to play any turns until Monday. Right now I have 4 of them in my in-box, maybe I can still play a couple of them tonight.
    posted 09-26-09 07:29 AM EDT (US)     1106 / 2391  
    All turns are sent. Those that are still pending because of me please give me a resend.

posted 09-26-09 11:21 AM EDT (US)     1107 / 2391  
    I´m back.
    going to play my turns in the coming 24hrs.
    Have to check the tourney status now first, maybe I´m already out and don´t need to worry about that particular game anymore

posted 09-26-09 12:30 PM EDT (US)     1108 / 2391  
    Player remaining with greatest chance of advancing (win or lose) is Morgul = 986 Combinations, 96% Chance

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
    My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
    Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
    My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
    Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
    posted 09-27-09 01:10 PM EDT (US)     1109 / 2391  
    Wrong post

Fortes fortuna Adiuvat!

[This message has been edited by Cranberry (edited 09-27-2009 @ 01:15 PM).]

posted 09-29-09 10:43 AM EDT (US)     1110 / 2391  
    I know I have not been the best participant since late-spring, and now again I have another issue. I will need to reinstall AOW from scratch to help remove a bug/corruption. I will generate rstarts in all ongoing games as a result. Sorry.
    posted 09-29-09 10:48 AM EDT (US)     1111 / 2391  
    hi, i wont be able to play my 2 games until the 5th when my internet resets. Sorry for the delay.
    posted 10-01-09 07:34 AM EDT (US)     1112 / 2391  
    The odds for me being able to play until monday are 50%: either I can or I then can't.
    posted 10-05-09 09:27 AM EDT (US)     1113 / 2391  
    Just FYI: I´m in the lucky situation to have a buddy who calls himself (rightfully) computer-lunatic who´s got four PC`s currently, the slowest one being twice as powerful as my current one
    I had a lot of trouble with the company where I bought my other main-PC some 2 years ago but finally, after a lot of negotiation, intimidation and threats, I got two thirds of my money back some days ago (and have probably been removed eternally from their customers list in the process but I coudln´t care less...) and now, I´m in dire need of a new PC.
    Those who are able to add 1 and 1 might have seen it coming: My Buddy offered me his slowest machine (the components) for free! HA!
    So that again means, that I´ll have to do the least wanted, namely a complete hardware (and software ) update in the coming days.
    We´ll start this weekend but I don´t know when I´ll be able to make all the software installements.

Conclusion in three four words: I´ll produce restarts.
    (sooner or later)
    thanks!

posted 10-05-09 02:56 PM EDT (US)     1114 / 2391  
    I was having issues with AOW because the òwnership flags weren't showing up on the structures. I have reinstalled yet again, so will generate one more restart, but this time it looks like all issues are fixed.
    posted 10-07-09 10:32 AM EDT (US)     1115 / 2391  
    Turns will be delayed for a day or two. My apologies.

My maps:
  • Mountain of the Gods A small map for 2 or 3 players. Current rating(5): 4.5/5
  • Crusades against a Nightmare A small map for 2 players. Current rating(1): 3.6/5
  • The Great Unknown An extra large map for seven players and one strong Ai. Current rating(2): 4.2/5
  • posted 10-08-09 07:16 AM EDT (US)     1116 / 2391  
    I have a bunch of turns in my inbox. I will try to play them as soon as possible, but I will be away from tomorrow noon until sunday night for the actual LAN weekend of battlefield.de-club. No internet there so you may expect a lot of turns on sunday night, if I'm not playing well there.

On Monday noon I will leave to a fair until Friday.

Sorry for any delay caused by this.
    posted 10-11-09 10:00 AM EDT (US)     1117 / 2391  
    OK, system upgrade done. Everything´s new, including Windows update.
    Expext restarts on all my pbem games. It was the almost perfect time to do it before the 2nd round of the tourney really started (well, I did one turn so far...)

posted 10-12-09 08:57 AM EDT (US)     1118 / 2391  
    Yo,
    I Ive been gone a while and wanted to nose around here and see if anyones still alive. I just wanted to post here since it seems this forum, were it a sprayed hive, that this is the only corner still festering with life.

I played multiplayer a couple years ago. MP games seem like a rare commodity these days, so I would be interested in playing some pbem. Ive played it before and know how for the most part.

If anyones starting a game, please let me join. If anyone needs a sub, I would be happy to do that as well.

doc86z@yahoo.com

Send map, turn, and all useful information there and I will make it work. I have alot of free time on my hands these days so I will probably be able to deal out turns as fast as I get them.

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, then how come nothing is free yet?
    posted 10-12-09 01:20 PM EDT (US)     1119 / 2391  
    After my complete hardware & system update it seems, AOW is not running 100% OK
    The game crashes once in a while (unpredictably, not always at the same spot)
    I just installed the latest graphic driver & Direct X and now I hope it´s fixed... at least it didn´t crash after that but I fear it needs some more testing before I can be sure
    unbelievable! That darn game is from 2003 !!!!

posted 10-12-09 06:19 PM EDT (US)     1120 / 2391  
    I understand your frustrating predicament, morgul. Although mine seems to work sufficiently well, it will cause some graphical problems during big tactical fights especially when I cast big spells like combustion.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60  Next Page »
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » PBEM INFORMATION (Newbies - start here!) - info/new games/substitute/absentee notes/etc.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames