You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 33 34 35 36 37 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 01 February 2009 11:53 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 01-16-2010 @ 08:01 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 17 September 2009 04:41 PM EDT (US)     851 / 2506  
    Unit create around unit doesn't work for me neither :

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 17 September 2009 10:35 PM EDT (US)     852 / 2506  
    I don't need to, because Army Deploy to Unit should be working perfectly, I'm sure I've used it hundreds (maybe thousands?) of times and never had a single problem, but in case you broke something I can paste the original code again

<Effect name="Army Deploy to Unit">
    <Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="Army" varType="group">default</Param>
    <Param name="ProtoName" dispName="ProtoName" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
    <Param name="Object" dispName="Target Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Count" dispName="Count" varType="string">0</Param>
    <Param name="Heading" dispName="Heading" varType="string">0</Param>
    <Param name="Clear" dispName="Clear Existing Units:" varType="bool">true</Param>
    <Command>trQuestVarSet("fhweaohpgpagowhwa", xsGetContextPlayer());</Command>
    <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(0);</Command>
    <Command>kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();</Command>
    <Command>trArmyDispatch("%SrcArmy%", "%ProtoName%", %Count%, xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition(""+1*%Object%)),xsVectorGetY(kbGetBlockPosition(""+1*%Object%)),xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition(""+1*%Object%)), %Heading%, %Clear%);</Command>
    <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(trQuestVarGet("fhweaohpgpagowhwa"));</Command>
    </Effect>

straight from pftq's triggers, untouched.

edit: actually, I just noticed that the "Unit Create At Unit" in my version of pftq's triggers is not the same as the one that Elrich posted, but I know I never touched it in the xml file. I guess there's a different version out there with broken triggers. Maybe instead of taking these individual triggers from me you're better off downloading pftqs triggers again.

edit edit: Mythic's trigger works fine for me. Make sure the trigger that contains "activate trigger loader" was created before the trigger that contains "Unit create around unit"

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 09-17-2009 @ 11:23 PM).]

posted 18 September 2009 02:42 AM EDT (US)     853 / 2506  
    Yes, the activate trigger loader was created before the other trigger. Could it have anything to do with prioritys? Should the "Activate Trigger Loader" be unactive or looped or run imidently or whatever?

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
    posted 18 September 2009 02:49 AM EDT (US)     854 / 2506  
    I think "activate trigger loader" should be at high priority, and the "Unit Create around Unit" should have normal priority.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 18 September 2009 02:52 AM EDT (US)     855 / 2506  
    Still isn't working :/

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 18 September 2009 02:56 AM EDT (US)     856 / 2506  
    Well, I know nothing about this kind of stuff, but I think it is pretty logical that a trigger that needs the trigger loader to run can't be activated before the trigger loader.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 18 September 2009 09:27 AM EDT (US)     857 / 2506  
    This is a request to who know how to make triggers.

Is there anyone who can teach me the basics of create triggers and then maybe also the advanced?

I think I'd be a good student: I'm patient and I really want learn more about make triggers.

If anyone is intrested, here there is my MSN: scacchisti@hotmail.it

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    posted 18 September 2009 10:30 AM EDT (US)     858 / 2506  
    @Guard of Olympus: Like Hail said, you have to make sure the activate trigger loader trigger comes before the one that is going to use it. This has nothing to do with priority. You can tell which trigger is 'before' the other by clicking on the trigger list in the Fire Event effect. The order that they are in from top to bottom tells you which trigger is before (towards the top) than others. If your activate trigger loader is below your trigger that needs the trigger loader on that list, then it is AFTER and will cause trigger lock. Here is what I would do to fix this:

COPY YOUR SCENARIO FILE BEFORE YOU DO THIS
    I recommend to people that they actually email their scenario file (.scx or .scn for vanilla) to themselves after each time they work on it. That way they can comment on what they just did to the scenario and in their email software, they will have backup copies of their scenario at every step of development.

1. on a Fire Event trigger list, find out the name of the trigger that is at the top of the list and remember it. I will call it 'first trigger' from now on.

note: if any other trigger refers to this 'first trigger' using Fire Event or any other effect that has this trigger in a trigger drop down list, you will have to re-point those effects to point to the copy we are about to make, but hopefully since this should be the very first trigger you made, nothing will refer to it.

2. On the left (where you choose which trigger to edit), select that 'first trigger' so you can see its conditions and effects. Click copy on the left so that the entire trigger is copied (it will add a trigger with the name of Copy of 'first trigger').

3. While still having the 'first trigger' selected, edit that trigger to be the 'Activate Trigger Loader' trigger by changing the conditions and the effects accordingly (I haven't used the trigger loader so I can't tell you how to set it, but just set it like the other 'activate trigger loader' trigger you have already made).

4. Rename your new 'activate trigger loader' trigger so it doesn't have the same name as the 'first trigger' that you copied.

5. Find the Copy of 'first trigger' and remove the 'copy of' from the name so it is back to its original name. Since this is an exact copy, it will function like the original that you converted into the trigger loader.

6. As mentioned before, if any other trigger referred to 'first trigger' in a Fire Event trigger list, it will now be pointing to this copy of the 'Activate trigger loader' trigger instead. Change them so they are pointing to the new copy of 'first trigger' instead (which you renamed back to 'first trigger' by removing the 'copy of' part)

7. Delete your old Activate Trigger Loader trigger.

you're done.

If you want to see what Hail meant by being 'before', you can do this: Load your scenario in the editor and then hit Playtest. Once it loads, leave it running and return to windows (hit the Windows key) and then go to My Documents/My Games/Age of Mythology/Trigger2 (or trigger if you have Vanilla) and open the file Trigtemp.xs with Notepad. In there you will see your triggers laid out in the order that matches the list in the Fire Event trigger drop down box. Hopefully in the trigger section of the Trigtemp.xs file, you will see your Activate Trigger Loader trigger before the trigger that needs it. Triggers in that file are called rules and look like:

rule _Activate_Trigger_Loader

phew! hope that helps.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 18 September 2009 10:59 AM EDT (US)     859 / 2506  
    Nice explanation!
    Aww, no heading control as a function of position around the circle?
    I was thinking about that. Shouldn't be too difficult.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 09-18-2009 @ 11:00 AM).]

posted 18 September 2009 11:12 AM EDT (US)     860 / 2506  
    Wow, Elrich, you really are a programmer aren't you. I'd never thought of saving copies of scenarios with documentation like that. If I do something whacky I might add a note to the name.
    Well, I know nothing about this kind of stuff, but I think it is pretty logical that a trigger that needs the trigger loader to run can't be activated before the trigger loader.
    Actually, it doesn't matter when the trigger with activate trigger loader is fired, it just matters that it comes earlier in the trigtemp, and in the trigtemp, the triggers are listed in order of creation, so just do what Elrich said :P

The trigger loader effect can be any priority you want, and it doesn't even have to be active.

@lostrozz: I recommend the Master XS guide, it is somewhere in the scripting forum, but there are links in mythic's and invent00r's sigs, and also one in the top post.
    If you have any programmign background, just leap right in and try to make your own by modifying existing triggers, copying bits and pieces from triggers and using trial and error.

We'll be happy to help.
    I was thinking about that. Shouldn't be too difficult.
    It's not, you could probably just take the line straight out of my circle triggers :P

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 09-18-2009 @ 11:13 AM).]

posted 18 September 2009 11:45 AM EDT (US)     861 / 2506  
    @Hail| Yes, in fact I've already created some triggers copying existing triggers (the secret chat triggers), and now I'm reading the Master XS guide, I was only saying if someone can post his MSN so I can contact he for explainations, suggestions, ecc.

EDIT: I've now finished read the simple triggering guide and the master XS guide, and the first was really intresting, but the XS Guide actually has only a little little part about trigger scripting, am I wrong?

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)

[This message has been edited by lostrozzacavalli (edited 09-18-2009 @ 01:55 PM).]

posted 18 September 2009 02:12 PM EDT (US)     862 / 2506  
    Yeah, it's not finished yet. We planned to write a lot more but invent00r started with other projects instead and I haven't found the time to update it either.

posted 18 September 2009 02:31 PM EDT (US)     863 / 2506  
    @Mythic_Freak| I've seen the next part should have been about triggering, and I'm now searching someone or something (a guide) that teach me triggering

posted 18 September 2009 04:25 PM EDT (US)     864 / 2506  
    Im not sure where i got this trigger from oboe, but i never got anny of pfqt's stuff. There were about three differences from yours and the one i had.
    posted 18 September 2009 04:32 PM EDT (US)     865 / 2506  
    I recommend at least looking at what pftq's trigger pack has to offer, there is some very good stuff in it. For example, a working version of Army Deploy to Unit.
    posted 18 September 2009 10:19 PM EDT (US)     866 / 2506  
    I request the reposting of army deploy at army.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 18 September 2009 10:33 PM EDT (US)     867 / 2506  
    posted 18 September 2009 10:37 PM EDT (US)     868 / 2506  
    All this talk about versions of triggers. Makes me wish there some utility that kept track of triggers where you could see them all together and post them translated to forum code automatically, I don't know a sort of..trigger manager, eh Hail?

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 19 September 2009 01:20 AM EDT (US)     869 / 2506  
    Now I require of:

God Power invoke Multi - army version

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 19 September 2009 03:13 AM EDT (US)     870 / 2506  
    Use my loop triggers to do multi triggers. Put a loop start and how many then a loop end afterwards. Saves loads of triggers being made.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    posted 19 September 2009 03:25 AM EDT (US)     871 / 2506  
    I need one condition and one effect, I do not know if these are possible.

Condition name: Unit carrying resource
    Condition: It checks if a unit is carrying an x amount of a resource.

Effect name: Clear Unit resource
    Effect: Makes the unit 'drop'(clear them) the resource that they are carrying.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
    ~My Heavens~
    AoMH
    SpH
    DoFH
    Also, I am here.
    posted 19 September 2009 06:46 AM EDT (US)     872 / 2506  
    Please can someone tell me where get a list of all possible "tr" (like trModifyProtounit, trUnitTeleport...)?

posted 19 September 2009 08:29 AM EDT (US)     873 / 2506  
    The trigger coder's best friend:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7883
    @Jdmino, I don't know about the condition, but you can probably achieve the effect by using an already existing one like change unit type (to the same unit) or convert to another player and back. You can definitely drop resources with immediate garrison, but then you also have to bring the unit back.

@squirrel, multiple castings of the same GP, or different GPs at the same spot? It's possible but I'm gone for the weekend so you may get it done faster just by doing invoke GP at army a couple times. If you don't have invoke GP at army, you can do Army Position to QV Vector + Invoke GP at QV vector.
    I could code it later, though.
    posted 19 September 2009 08:36 AM EDT (US)     874 / 2506  
    Thank you, Elrich, but it won't work. I did a test with only the "Activate trigger loader" and a message. It was a trigger lock, so I obviously instlled the trigger loader wrong. Shouldn't the two XMLfiles go to the "trigger2" folder?

~Guard of Olympus ~
    posted 19 September 2009 08:52 AM EDT (US)     875 / 2506  
    Thanks Hail I've found what I was was searching

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 33 34 35 36 37 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: